Interactive Tools & Demos
Interactive Tools & Demos: Call for Submissions
Please submit your application via easychair.org/conferences/?conf=isls2024 by 31 January 2024, 23:59 PST
Organizers & Contact
- Dimitra Tsovaltzi • German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence, Germany
- Alwyn Vwen Yen Lee • Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Lina Markauskaite • The University of Sydney, Australia
- Chirag Bhuvaneshwara • German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence, Germany
- January 31, 2024 • Applications due
- Mid-March, 2024 • Notifications of acceptance
- Late March, 2024 • Submissions of the final 4-page summary for publication due (camera ready)
- June 8 & 9, 2024 • Interactive Tools & Demos
- June 10–14, 2024 • ISLS Annual Meeting 2024
We cordially invite (learning) scientists to come and showcase your cool tools! Interactive Tools and Demos are intended to enable participants to get to know new interactive devices and environments that may be potentially interesting for teaching and learning, to explore designs for learning activities, or to try out and compare methods for research and practice. Presenters will have a time slot of 20-30 minutes, during which they are free to organize their demonstration in any way they choose (e.g., a demo of a tool, a combination of a demo and discussion of related research projects, etc.). Unique and creative, but feasible, demo forms are welcome. Proposals are NOT required to specify whether the scope for their submission is CSCL or LS, as they will both take place together at the Annual Meeting. Submissions may indicate coherence with the conference call for innovative technologies and learning environments. See the conference theme page for a description.
In the Interactive Tools and Demos Session, researchers of accepted proposals may showcase their interactive tools, get feedback, and find collaborators with whom to develop projects. In the proposals, we welcome suggestions of possible applications for teaching and learning of your submitted tools or demo.
The proposal should be submitted via EasyChair at easychair.org/conferences/?conf=isls2024 by 31 January 2024, 23:59 PST.
The paper should be written with the reader of the conference proceedings in mind who may be reading the description after the event has taken place. The structure of the 4 pages is flexible, but it should specify how the technology can contribute to a specified instructional design or how it can support research in the learning sciences. Please include a description of your technological setup and possible interactive elements in a virtual session.